Thread: Engine Builder

Liked: 0

Default Engine Builder

Any recommendations on a good vintage FF engine rebuilding source? What are typical prices for a complete motor versus rebuild on existing motor?

Many Thanks!

-Doug

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Rex Gunning

Give Rex Gunning a call. He has been building FF 1600 engines since 74. He is meticulous and reasonably priced. I would guess a complete motor could be had for $4000 to $4500 and a rebuild would run you $1500 depending on the amount of machine work required and parts replaced. Email me off line for his contact info if you are interested in talking with him.

Liked: 6

We at Quicksilver would be happy to help you with that.We have been building FF engines for 30 years and I can put a package together to fit your budget call me anytime.

Erik Oseth
    QSRE
    301 698 9009

Liked: 597

call Farley - it's all eye do

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

Charlie Williams - Williams Engines in Kansas.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 3

Default Farley Engines

Doug:

Curtis Farley (Farley Engines - Platte City, Missouri - 816-431-3550) rebuilds between 15 and 20 engines per year for us. Best choice we ever made - best price, best customer service.

Cindy Lindstrand
    Lindstrand Motorsports, Inc.

Liked: 25

How about Rollin Butler. Ask John Robinson III how Rollin's engines perform.

Liked: 4

Default Ivey is the only way togo

All the builders are getting most of there parts from Ivey. Call Susan and she will make you feel like family.1-503-255-1123

Liked: 4

Default Engine Builders

Happy wih the bullet Elite built me, with only a 2 week turn around... Steve has always picked up the phone when I called him...
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Contributing Member Bernard Bradpiece's Avatar
    Liked: 182

Default Engine Builder

I swear by MWE. They took my old Scholar nail when I emigrated to USA and turned it into a pretty quick motor (1.22's at Summit and 2.13's at the Glen long circuit in an ancient '69 Merlyn 11a on an iron head, points & Dunlop treads driven by a geezer well past his prime). Fair prices and lots of input - Ted Wentz is around most of the NE vintage race meetings and rushes around like an expectant father looking after his motors - from FF to F1. Will tailor an engine to your pocket - mine is not the highest horsepower they have built ( though probably the smallest out of pocket) but has masses of torque. With these guys you get a good deal - not some apprentice doing your motor while the senior guys work on the winners, and they care. Peter Marcovicci or Ted Wentz on Long Island at 631-467-9040.

By the way I woud have come and raced with the rest of you guys at club meetings but the SCCA (who were less than friendly when I arrived in the USA, refusing to honor an RAC INternational licence) tell me I have to weld all sorts of safety bars onto the old girl to make her safe (an oxymoron with old space frames). I have run her like she is for over 20 years and am not going to bastardize her for SCCA rules. But the bureaucracy and career building at SCCA is a whole other thread.

BB
    BB2

Liked: 0

Default Engine rebiuld

Charley Williams 2701 West 47th, Shawnee Mission, Kansas 66205 (913) 262-6300. Really nice people, who will take care of you. He will build what you want and keep you legal.

Mike

Thread Information