Thread: Titan FF

Liked: 0

Default Titan FF

I am in the market for a Mk6 and since I'v not owned a titan I am wondering if owners or anyone might be willing to share some do's and don'ts or what to look for and what's to be avoided in my search. Any information; comments will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Liked: 490

Buy the nicest one you can find...It will be much less expensivethan making a dog nice. Have some who knows FF's do a complete inspection of the car, pay a pro it usually is well worth the money. If the chasis tubes are still carrying oil and water, look closely for leaks, and repairs.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 490

I forgot to add, I have four Mk-6 customers, none are currently for sale. I know of one other car for sale. If I can be of any help call me at 619-294-7012. I'll be back in the shop next week(HSR at Willow this weekend)
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 597

touch base with Joe911......his Titan, which he bought a year ago, just won the '06 SARRC / South Atlantic Road Racing Championship FF points title. He greatly improved his car as the year went by and was able to lower the total weight of the car [70 lbs ?] so much he had to eventually add ballast.

Liked: 8

Default Titan Information

What Roland says is correct and goes not only for titan's but all FF's. Most Titan's are vintage eligible except for Mk9's, like Joe's, which are club fords. Titan built around 30 Mk9's. Mk6's are very popular and can be competitive as a club ford as well as a vintage ford. Titan built around 300 Mk6's. Mk4 and Mk5 titan's have classic cigar shaped body work and are also excellent cars. Titan built about 45 of Mk4/5's. There track is a touch narrower, but the wheelbase is the same length. There aren't many Mk6's for sale currnetly. There are a few Mk4's available. I sell spares and body work for all titan models. If you would like more information, please feel free to contact me at aantipas@sopris.net.

Andy Antipas
    Titan Motorsport North America, LLC
    www.titancars.com
    www.titannorthamerica.com

Liked: 1

Default Spares - no problem.

Ed - I was going to post and recommend Andy but he has already spoken. He is an outstanding individual and provides great spares service for the Titans, even my relatively rare model. No downside to owning a Titan. Andy currently races a Mk6 and has a comprehensive stock of spares along with valuable but free advice. The Mk6 is THE CAR TO HAVE for vintage racing so if this is your goal, good choice. Because of this it appears they have good resale (good for selling - bad when buying).

I see you had sold a Merlyn CF last year so you are experienced in the ways of FF.
    Good luck, Joe Riley

Liked: 232

Default Titan Shocks

Good luck in your search.
    If your car needs shocks I have four (4) BRAND NEW Bilsteins 177/55
    never ever on a car
    EJ/Swift17
    rotti@bellsouth.net
    EJ

Swift db-1 (019-85) / Ducati Paso Ltd SS / 70 Triumph "Bonnie"
    Plantation (Ft.Lauderdale)/SCCA-Florida Region 37 years
    JGenerotti's friend, dad, mechanic, assoc. sponsor, etc.

Default Titan search

I would like to thank all the replies I have received soo far. roland I'll give you a call,Andy I'v been in touch,
    Swift, I may need, and Joe thanks I will be ijn touch.
    Regards
    Ed

Default Titan Mk 6A

Hello,
    I have a Titan Mk 6A # 71620 which I might be willing to part with.
    It is not a complete car. It is a project in every sense of the word.
    But it is an authentic Titan MK 6, needing a complete restoration

Mike Wolther

Default Titan

Hi Mike
    I would be interested in discussing you Mk6, can you send any pictures and more detail to my email
    thanks
    Ed

Thread Information