Thread: Lola 342 Body

Liked: 0

Default Lola 342 Body

I need some shots of the side of the Lola for my body man. I have the side covers over the engine and the radiators are stepped by the rear wheels. (Not in the center) What is the opening on the rear upper cover for by the roll bar? Was this made to fit the radiators on a 340? We might close this in if it is not needed. Presently I do not have anything to hold the mid section body down. Do I need one or two on the sides besides the front? Are the radiators really close to the shocks in the rear?

Mike

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Did the roll bar originally have a pin to put in after it was in place? Maybe it was to move the roll bar from the hoop to allow the rear bodywork to come off?

Liked: 123

Default Lola shots

What I do if I need reference pictures is go to the race-cars.com site and search in the Archive section under Lola. Lots of pictures of 342's. Yes, the rear shocks are pretty close to the rads, the coil ends up with about 1" clearance. The center body section fits over two dowel pins in the chassis side rails, about the center of the cockpit, and spring clips go through holes to hold it down, that's all that holds the center body section on.

Brian

Default Lola Body

Thanks. Do I just need two pins on the sides of the middle body, along with the front pin?

Mike

Liked: 123

Default pins

yep. Just the two pins. Seems to stay on just fine.

Brian

Default Lola Body

Thanks, the engine goes in this weekend.

Mike

Thread Information