Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked: 1

Default 88 Reynard FC/CFC for sale

#7 FC/CFC Blue Reynard f2000 available. 2003 NARRC/NERRC FC champ. Former Pro car in Jackie Stewart stable. Well sorted. MWE mid time motor, Technos, compos, spares. Fast, fun. 8900/OBO. Changing classes. Contact Smitty at 413-569-2424. Pics, etc avail
    Last edited by Smittty; 07.16.06 at 8:57 AM.

Liked: 30

Default Show us your stuff...

Photos?

Liked: 0

I'm very interested in your car. Please send pics ASAP.

Oh, by the way, you're not looking to get into Formula Ford are ya??? I have a real nice Reynard 84F I'd like to trade.....?????

Thanks for the offer, but looking to try FA, FS etc. Pics are being forwarded per requests. Interest fairly strong - this is a good quick car for short money. Thanks for the activity APEX

Liked: 106

Fast car, gives me fits! someone from another region please get it out of here!

Liked: 126

Paul,
    I hope my passing you on the last lap at LRP did not have an effect on you selling this! - lol.

You run this car pretty well. Good luck.
    Rob

Hey Rob, like I told you after the race, that was fun! It's just time for me to try another class. Hopefully somebody will get themselves a good winged ride and enjoy it as much as I have. See you again.
    Smitty

Does this car share any similarities with the 84 Reynard? Will suspension parts interchange?
    Mike Bass

Liked: 19

Default Negative

Negative Grate, different animal and it is the Reynard to get if you can snag one, the 83-84 is a "Flexible Flyer" compared to this baby sez the pump attendant at buttonwillow, thought this guy might be the late Carroll Smith or one of his pals out west that helped acquire Buttonwillow as a SCCA Cal Club Venue, he definately wasn't just an hourly pump attendant. Was noticing my 83 at a Nat'l in 97' and remarked.

Mike O

Liked: 106

I have both, a 90 and a 84 and yes, two very different cars. however the shorter wheel base 84 is more user friendly for the newbie. less camber gives it more "feel" than the 90 , Actually a little more fun to drive , but not as fast.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default 87/newer Reynards

In 87, Reynard came out with a new design, and it was a fantastic design! The car is as easy to work on as the 83/4, yet it is narrower and faster. The best news is that the chassis, suspension and almost everything is interchangeable from the 87 Reynard through the end of production of their small-formula line in 1992. Even the 92 car was the same, except for radiators and bodywork. This is one of Reynard's best designs! It remains a great car for the club racer. It's easy to work on and easy to drive, and has no known mechanical shortcomings.

...and I have an excellent inventory of spares for these cars. I also own one, and it's my car of choice.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Default front & rear castings available?

I am under the impression that the 87+ Reynard FC had some kind of casting for the front & rear suspension mounts and that they are no longer made/hard to get.

What is the correct scoop on the availability of those parts?

Was it 87-90 Reynards or 88-90 that had the castings?

Rick I'm not sure about replacements but they can be repaired. My car was welded after a previous owner had a 'bit of a shunt' and then realigned with no apparent problems. These pieces are very stout and will take quite a bit of punishment.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info.

You gonna make it to the Musical City?

Mark is kinda wishy-washy right now. My guess is he will want to go when it gets closer to the time.

Sorry for the hijack-will send pms from now on

Default Reynard 87-90

I have a 90SF which is nearly identical to my team partners 87SF. Very elegant design both from a cosmetic and and engineering standpoint. Reynard built a couple of hundred of these cars for the US, a Canadian pro Series and of course the home market.

One of the key advantages of this car is that the set up approch (s) for this car are well documented and easy to duplicate. This car benefitted from substantial professional development in the various series.

The fast set up is a Keith Averill standard that even the Purple Frog follows along with several other fast shoes. I think he can provdie both the fast set up as well as the bits and pieces. Along with being a fast car - they are pretty robust with a rocker/rocker suspension.

This car was designed to move the rear axles farther from the engine concentrating more weight at the CG. and closer to the driver thus creating one of the first integrated transaxle oil tank systems in a rather elegant Reynard casting in either aluminum or magnesium. These castings occasionally get dinged and are often repaired with no loss of utility. The front casting is somewhat more vulnerable but very strong and also readily repairable in specialty welding shops. I have also seen some pretty amazing wrecks where not a scratch is sustained by the castings. The attachment points have been well engineered. My understanding is that the front casting is sourcable through Averill Racing and is made in Brazil. I don't know about the rear casting - that sounds like an Averill question

Net -- these are very nice cars that can and do win at the regional level - Oy yes -- I am biased - I have one.

David Keep

Reynard 90SF

Liked: 11

Default Reynard Gearbox casting

I have a new machined but never built Reynard SF88 gearbox casting. I also have a used but not cracked front alloy casting that is stamped 87sf and might have been replaced due to heat treating issues on the original cars. I have seen Reynard 88sf get parted out because the gbox casting was unrepairable. The fix for cracking Reynard gbox is to install the proper, original rear skid plates, ask Keith Averil about these.

I always thought that the 87-90 design was to move the springs in front of the drivers feet to comply with new FIA regs for safety? The byproduct was a narrower frontal area making it "more aero" than the very good 84 design, but not as aero as the SE-3 forcing all the pro teams of the time to trade in their SF-87's for SE-3's.

This car is still a very good car, eaiser to work on and fit in than the Swift.
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Default Head & Shoulders...

Where the Reynard is more in touch with my real world is that it can accept an "average" size driver. The Swifts are so tight that only the more petite drivers need apply. That has always surprised me since it's an American made car...

I just hope I can get mine going as fast as P-frog & Mark's--I think I need to get a driver.

DaveK

Default Reynard 87-90

Mark,

You are right in that there was an improvement in the aero overall which was eventually negated by the Swift. I however couldn't fit a swift without major surgery...Although I have not driven one, I have heard from those who have driven both that the Reynard is far less nervous and easier to drive fast.

Aero was certainly important but Reynard was trying to get the polar moments reduced by moving the engine closer to the drivers position but they were also trying to move the wheels farther fron the engine not dissimilar to the the VD change from the 91-96 short wheel base cars to the long wheel base 98+ cars. There is a gain on high speed cornering stability with the longer wheel base. Additionally less weight in the polar extremes is helpfull in making the car more user friendly and recoverable when the rear gets loose than peers of the time.

David Keep

Reynard90SF #63

Liked: 610

Default 88 Reynard

Sorry Mark H., but the major series at the time, was the Export-A series in Canada, and the most popular car was the Reynard, not the SE-3.
    Even when the DB-6 arrived, with engineering and talented drivers (Vasser), the 88 Reynard (Carville) still won the championship.
    Keith
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

OH? Maybe it was only in England? I was not around so I was going off what I have been told by Sam Nelson who said he built a lot of pro engines back then and the book ( The Reynard Story) where it said that by '87 Reynard had given up on the F2000 in favor of the F3 and had even sub-contracted out the building of the F2000 car to a local vendor?
    The SCCA nat. racing also seemed to be domanated by the SE3 with drivers like Craig Taylor?

But in Canada maybe things took a little longer to shake out?

Sorry to keep hijacking this guys Reynard FS thread....but at least it keeps it at the top!
    And don't get me wrong I am a big Reynard fan!
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Did someone say they needed a driver?
    Jamie Cole

89 Reynard CFC

Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far to go

http://www.kintera.org/grassroots/jamieracesforlaf/

Default Mark's hijack

Apology accepted, Mark... stood on the podium at ARRC with you, remember? time to move on, somebody out there want a good Reynard for short money? ....and yes, it is fun to beat up on the FSCCA crowd for 1/4 the price. Be well,. Buy my car!

Default OH Yehaaa...

That's the ticket, Mark! Buy his car & we'll have a 'spec Reynard' class. Shot man, you will still beat up on half of the FC cars in the SE. ...unless, that is, you're scared of PF & Jamie... (easy there big boy--just teasin')

Rick, we'll be there if I can get my AIM unit installed & working...

DaveK
    Last edited by RacerDave51; 07.31.06 at 4:09 PM.

Liked: 115

Default Have Gun, Will Travel...

Paladin.

Did someone say they needed a driver?

Default Still availalbe?

If this car is still available please forward photos to negridavid@yahoo.com

Thanks, david

Default CALLING ALL DRIVERS...calling all drivers...

Now that JPM has moved to NastyCar--maybe McLaren?

Bumpy Hijack

Is your car still available please? Could you mail pictures to chris@kennelfarm.com. Thanks.

Default Your Gearbox

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy O'Brien
    I have a new machined but never built Reynard SF88 gearbox casting. I also have a used but not cracked front alloy casting that is stamped 87sf and might have been replaced due to heat treating issues on the original cars. I have seen Reynard 88sf get parted out because the gbox casting was unrepairable. The fix for cracking Reynard gbox is to install the proper, original rear skid plates, ask Keith Averil about these.
    Is your gearbox casing for sale please?

Liked: 11

Default EVERYTHING has a price

Was planning on keeping it as a spare for my car. I have no idea what the last ever(that I know of) remaining new,unbuilt 87-92 Reynard g/box case is worth. I have turned down $2000 already because if the one on my 87SF cracks any more then I will have a very nice Reynard parts car if I can't replace it. So I dunno, what is it worth??

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Reynard cast uprights

I'm not sure what year they went to the cast uprights--I think it was 88, but the uprights are interchangeable with the fabricated ones...but I do have several spare cast uprights available.

Paddy's gearbox is probably the last machined, unused gearbox on the planet. There were several bare castings that had not been machined, but the cost of machining was substantial (I mean SERIOUS!), so I passed on them. Paddy's gearbox is worth whatever the market says it is worth, but as the value of the car decreases, so does the value of the gearbox. These cars are already worth almost as much as parts as they are as race-ready contenders. It's sad, but true, and the 87/newer Reynard is an excellent value in today's market. It's still a wonderful car for most club racers, as it's easy to work on, reliable, and I have plenty of spares available!

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    703-759-0567 most evenings until 9:00 PM eastern
    Larry Oliver

Default Reynard for sale

If the car is not sold I am interested pls let me know

Car is available currently (no cash yet...just talk!) New pics to you. PM me, OK?....still time for a year end school, folks.....
    Be well,
    Smitty

Hello,

Can you send some pics to me please, if the car is still available that is - send to ff160000 "at" yahoo.com.

Thank you very much.

Loren
    No time, no talent, plenty of sleep....

Default Interested, too!

Another request for photos and specs if the car is still available, please. Send to wsp8@verizon.net. Thanks, in advance, for your reply.

Default Did somebody ask for a driver?

Asks the Fat Toad (South African version of the Purple Frog, except I don't live in a swamp -but I've got a fountain in the driveway) with ticket in hand.

Is the car stll around? Pics please jcjahmed@shaw.ca

Default Pics and spec please

stewart@optononline.net will the car be at LRP at the end of the month?

Default Taken Deposit

Howdy Y'all,
    Thanks for the interest, F2000, car is under deposit. Going to the NYC area (sorry Phil, it'll probably show up at LRP next season).
    Go fast, Play Fair and Be Well
    Smitty

Default Hi Paul,

Missed you at the last bunch of races but glad you finally got your car sold. What are your plans? Are you going to do any racing next year?

Jerry Zaluckyj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information