Liked: 2

Default NHIS Vintage Celebration

[SIZE=2]The Vintage Racers Group (VRG) would like to invite CF and VFF to the 16th Annual Vintage Celebration at New Hampshire International Speedway. The 3 day event will be held on May 19th through 21st, 2006.

Here are a couple of additional highlights:

[/SIZE]
    . LOTS of track time, generally 6 to 7 twenty minute sessions

. Inexpensive . how does $150 for 3 days of racing sound? Too good to be true . but it is true!
    . Free camping and motor home space, with some free tie-ups for electricity and water, 24 hour access
    . Free wine and cheese party on Friday night
    . A terrific dinner with all the trimmings on Saturday night at the track, no extra driving required
    . Track seminar on driving NHIS by famed NHIS experts
    . Trophies in every class for drive of the weekend, scoring done by corner workers
    . Secure garage space, $75 for the three days
    . Lots of good, reasonably priced hotels and vacation opportunities
    . Automated timing and scoring (optional)
    . Special reserved parking area for VARAC members who can show proof of Canadian taxpaying residence. Registration officials trained in French, will accept Canadian tips.

For more information please contact chris@vrgonline.org or visit our www site (www.vrgonline.org) for track maps, entry forms, dinner reservations, etc....
    --- Christopher Shoemaker
    1984 Royale RP36 (FF)

Default NHIS Vintage Celebration - UPDATE

For all of you who complain about declining fields in the VFF/CF market, at NHIS the VRG had 18 cars and our own run group with over 120 minutes of run time at only $150 dollars. 5 CF were present and running on the Dunlop treaded tires (this formula is working). Although a CF won the Sunday race, a VFF had the best lap time for the weekend. Our fields were fiercly competitive and the comraderie was amazing.

VRG hopes that you will come out to Beaver Run with your CF and run over our July 7th-9th, 2006 event with the PVGP. Feel free to reach out directly if you have any questions, comments, etc..... See you at the races!
    1984 Royale RP36 (FF)

Liked: 8

Default NHIS Vintage Celebraton

Chris:
    The list of perks and the lower entry fee is enticing. Fill me in on the details of vintage racing. If I should up at an event with my 81 PRS, who will I be racing against other then the any other FF/CF's that show up?
    Also, I may have a misconception that because of what I have heard refered to as 13/13 rules people don't tend to go at it the same as SCCA racing.
    As more of us are getting sick of the way things are playing out in SCCA sanctioned events you might see a slight groundswell towards groups of your type.
    Also how is insurance and other matters of importance handled?
    Regards

Greg Kokolus

Default VRG - Further Information

Greg - Thanks for the response. I will try to answer some of the questions here for future reference of all. However, feel free to reach out directly to me to discuss as well (610.420.9746).

the list of perks and the lower entry fee is enticing. Fill me in on the details of vintage racing.
    - Vintage Racing is 'RACING' do not kid yourself. Since VRG is non-profit we pass this saving on to the racers in reduced entry fees and track time. VRG has many ex-pro drivers as well as SCCA members in the club (in addition to the ametueurs). VRG considers our FF/CF group to be the bridge between the ultimate in amatuer racing (SCCA - Anything goes) to Vintage Racing (Gentlemen Rules in effect).

If I should up at an event with my 81 PRS, who will I be racing against other then the any other FF/CF's that show up?
    - Our open wheel group is dedicated to CF/FF cars. We have mixed previously with Lotus7 and other compatible cars (pre 72), but the goal is to grow this as a seperate group going forward.

Also, I may have a misconception that because of what I have heard refered to as 13/13 rules people don't tend to go at it the same as SCCA racing. As more of us are getting sick of the way things are playing out in SCCA sanctioned events you might see a slight groundswell towards groups of your type.
    - In the VRG we race and you can run the agressive lines, but gentlemen rules are in effect at our events and 13/13 can be applied for over agression on the track (very rare, but has occured). What does all this mean....drop me a line and I can provide specifics as interpretation of rules vary but examples will speak volumes.

Also how is insurance and other matters of importance handled?
    - Not sure where you are heading with this question. VRG is a sanctioning club (member of the VMC) and provides insurance for all our events (spectator and private events). VRG does not cover your car - Parish Heacock is who I use for PIT, PADDOCK, and STORAGE insurance. Obviously there is nothing for on-track (that is why we use the 13/13 and Gentlemen Rules - VRG wants you to leave with what you brung).

Note: PVGP - Beaver Run is scheduled for July. I do have a spare set of rims/tires if you are interested in running and seeing for yourself what we are all about.
    1984 Royale RP36 (FF)

Liked: 8

Default NHIS vintage Celebration

Chris:
    Thanks for your response to my questions.
    I was refering to any medical insurance that your organization would provide to competitors injured in a shunt.
    I also use Parrish for covering my car when in transport and storage.
    I will discuss your group with some of my fellow drivers in the next several weeks.
    I know some individuals have run the DOT tires on FF and are in favor of it.
    As my season is pretty much planned out due to schedule and cost, I don't think I could make Beaver Run this year. I appreciate your offer of the rims and tires.
    Is the group looking into LRP, Pocono or the Glen for future events. Those are really my prefered tracks due to driving distance.
    Regards,

Greg Kokolus
    NCF #56

Liked: 24

Default Just curious

Sounds like a great formula for a great weekend. Maybe other clubs could adopt your formula for success.
    Would explain to me the 13/13 rule as it's been 20yrs since I last raced and I have never raced in vintage (even though I still have old Merl (Melyn Mk11A) sitting in the shop).
    JustDave

Default Additional Comments......

Greg / Dave (comments to your inquiries)

"...refering to any medical insurance that your organization..."
    - Yes, medical is part of the insurance policy provided by the sanctioning body of the event. All events have coverage...I will even state that at all VRG events we (VRG) require that an ALS (Advance Life Support) ambulance be on hand even though there is an additional charge for this unit at most tracks.

"...Is the group looking into LRP, Pocono or the Glen for future..."
    - VRG is actively looking for track time at Pocono, Watkins Glen, and LRP. Watkins Glen is a priority for us and is looking very good for 2007. LRP is on the view screen, but most likely will not occur in 2007. As I am sure you know track time is very precious these days. VRG is also actively involved with several new tracks and have tentative dates in place.

"...other clubs could adopt your formula for success."
    - VRG is pro-actively working with other clubs on the FF/CF revised Rules & Regulations. to date we have VSCDA, VCDA on board with VARAC soon to follow.

"...explain to me the 13/13 rule as it's been 20yrs..."
    - All VMC (Vintage Motorsports Council) clubs subscribe to the 13/13 rule. 13Months Probation / 13 Months Suspension. If there is an issue on track in which the driver is found at fault, he may be put on probation. This is reported to the VMC and distributed to all member clubs. If another incident occurs during the probation, then the driver will be suspended for 13 months.

If you need further information on any of the information or have additional questions, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to discuss.
    1984 Royale RP36 (FF)

Thread Information