Liked: 0

Default Caldwell D9B front "uni-balls"

[size=1]Looking for a source for the front "uniballs" for a D9B. Have been told the front end is from a Triumph Herald, but have not verified that. Please help if you can, Thanks Wes Gibbs [/size]

Liked: 601

Default Caldwell D9B

Are you looking for the spherical bearing for the lower a-arm? If so, call me with it's size as I may be able to help.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff,Inc.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 8

Default Ball

I had heard it was from a Jag XJ120. Call a shop like GMT in Danbury and ask.

I had a mine drilled out and installed a 5/8 Rod end. You also then need a spacer to keep the height of the rod end the same as it (A-Arm) was with the ball joint.

Liked: 123

Default Front uniball

If it the upper ball joint, I have heard that it's a steering tie-rod joint from some obscure Leland truck. I have two, I carry them around so that I can be a hero at some vintage race some day when someone needs a spare. On the car I had that might have used them I switched to 5/8" rod ends, and made up little stud like affairs to be a taper fit into the top of the triumph upright and a 5/8" post that the rod end fits over. I've also seen people just drill out the upright and put a bolt through there, that would probably work fine too, as long as you didn't adjust the geometry with a stack o'washers.

Brian

Default Steering Rack Tie Rod Ends

The Caldwell Steering Rack tie rod ends are common to many British cars.
    I carry around a spare for my Caldwell that came from my Triumph Spitfire.
    They are identical.

Most people use heim joints at that location because they can be raised
    or lowered to eliminate bump steer. As mentioned earlier, this requires either
    making tapered studs or drilling out the steering arm undersize and then
    reaming to 1/2 inch.

Default Thanks for your help

[size=1]Gentlemen: thanks for all of your help. It is clear to me now that I should have been more specific..... Keith, it IS the lower a-arm bushing I'm concerned about, my alignment guru just called it a "uni-ball" so that's where that came from. I will be contacting you with the measurement soon. Thanks again to all, and ApexSpeed. Wes [/size]

Default Lower wishbone outer spherical bearing

I just replaced mine last year.
    Pegasus sells the part you need.
    It is a NARROW series bearing, #3071-10

5/8" ID
    1.1875" OD
    .500" wide race

Well Thomas, you did it! Lunch on me, you choose: Gordon Beirsch (Mission Valley); Karl Struase (downtown) or the Coronado Brewing Company. Call me 619-206-4367[size=1] Wes[/size]

Thread Information