Liked: 0

Default Hawk DL2 brake disks

I am looking for rear brake disks for a Hawk DL2 formula ford. I need to know the original car that they came from or s source for new ones.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

Default Hawke Brake Discs

You might get some information from the Hawke Registry:

http://www.vintagegarage.com/hawkeregistry.html

I know three or four other Hawke DL 2 racers in Ontario that might be of assistance. Drop me an e-mail if you are interested. My e-mail address is listed in my profile.

Rob

Liked: 79

I use to have a DL-2 or DL-2A, chassis # 017. When I inquired the factory years ago, I was informed that they were off of a Triumph 2000, as were the rear stub axles however they were modified.

Liked: 0

Default DL-2 Rear Brake Rotors

I have several brand new ones for a DL-2A (or DL-2B). They are Triumph 2000 Mk 1 front rotors. (The Mk II ones are much thicker. I have a pair of those I got by mistake.) I am not sure if the DL-2 uses the same thing. If you send me a drawing of what you believe you need with all dimensions, I can check if it is a match.

I have been told that TR-3 front rotors may also work, but the mounting tabs on the fabricated uprights have to be moved. BTW, what are you doing about the "deathtrap" rear stubaxles?

Email me your phone number.

DOC

Liked: 146

I have been concerned that I may need some for my DL11, and I have not found what car they are from.

However, a company here will make them for me at minimal cost. http://www.dba.com.au/. I'm sure that some company in the US will do the same.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Default Back in the day

Back in the day, long long ago, Keith Averill raced a Hawke FF.

He always seems to know where to get about anything and what it was in real life before it became a race car part.

Check with him.

Thread Information