Liked: 553

Default Crosland Fuel Filter

My '83 Ralt RT-5 came with a Crosland fuel filter (casting says: "Crosland Filters LTD. Nottingham England"). It fits nicely and there is a convenient access hole in the bottom of my car where I can drop the bowl and change the filter element.

Does anyone know if replacement filter elements can be purchased anywhere? I *think* the Crosland filter part number may be 489.

Or, does anyone know where I can view a cross reference for other brands (Fram, etc.) and/or a spec sheet with filter element dimensions?

Google search hasn't provided an answer yet, but I'm still searching.

Thanks in advance.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 25

Default Filter Cross Reference Sites

This weekend I was trying to look up a cross reference for the Crosland filter that comes with the Pace oil pump with the integral filter mount. I believe that I got ~some Crosland returns on either NAPA, Fram or Wix. These sites do provide oil filter dimensions. On at least one of the sites, the 3 digit Crosland number alone returned lots of extraneous hits. I think the NAPA and Wix sites provide very similar information. Try:
    NAPA
    Wix Filters
    Fram

Good luck - Frank C
    Last edited by Frank C; 05.07.05 at 11:37 AM.

Liked: 553

Default woo hoo

Thanks, Frank. Found a cross reference on the Wix site. You are the man!
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

A lot of these widgets were cobbed from various brit cars of the period. I've found the catalogs from Moss motors and other brit restoration companies to be very helpful, but you need to read through them all!

My SV had rack ends from Triumphs, the crosland oil filter element was from a '50s Jag......

Thread Information