Liked: 0

Default New Guy, gonna need some help....

Just thought I'd say "hi" and introuduce myself after a fashion (how many forums, over the years, have I done this on....). In the next 6-9 months I am hoping to pick up an older formula car, preferably F2 or FB, but I will likely be limited by budget to something a bit less advanced. this will be my first racecar and I hope to debut at the spring SVRA event at Road America in 06...

Hope you guys are as helpful as I am clueless!
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Liked: 2

Default Welcome

Welcome to the club.

You'll find that the old grognards on this forum are indeed tremendously helpful. Opinionated, too.

Without the help of this fourm, I'd be a tremendous burden to my racing friends. Now I'm just a burden to the forum.

thanks RH... already getting some good advice in the safety forum... now I just need to pry 20K away from my wife for the car and a few spares!

soon, kemosabe, soon.....
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Liked: 4

Default $20k

Where are you located, going to be racing? $20K is alot for a CF or an FF. My car, an 85 VD FF was less then $8,000 and ready to run. That included a great open trailer. Even with all the gear I don't think I spent more then $10,000. You want to be careful not to put your wife in shock.

All of the cars in my primary club ( www.frcca.com ) are sub $10,000.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

well, most of the vintage cars I've seen complete and running with a few spares have been over 15K... usually w/o a trailer... its gotta be VSCDA-kosher in the "no wings" group.

I'm not jumping into aero with my first racecar!

Thread Information