Liked: 0

Rich Ernst ended up in the hospital following an on course mishap in his vintage Formula Ford at the SVRA Watkins Glen event this past weekend. Rich is at:

Arnot-Ogden Hospital
    600 Row Avenue
    Elmira NY 14905
    Room 4B16
    Room Phone-607.737.4100

Rich is recovering from a broken leg and numerous cuts, contusions and bruises with a projected stay at the hospital for at least the coming week.

I'm sure he would like to hear from his fellow racers.

Dan Schmutte

Liked: 67

Thanks, Dan.

Glad to hear Rich is doing ok...

-Peter
    -Peter Krause
    1984 Tiga SC
    www.peterkrause.net
    "The Driver is the Greatest Performance Variable in the Racing Equation"

Contributing Member triumph_tech's Avatar
    Liked: 8

I an told that Rich will be released from the hospital on Wedsday. His wife will be taking him home at that time. He has responded well to the surgery and is in good spirits despite the seriousness of this injuries.
    Gary Valone #44
    Zink Z10-C

Liked: 0

Dan -

Please forward this to the Monoposto List for me:

There are those times when the true character of people is allowed to come to the surface. The Glen weekend was one of those. What you folks did for Mahala and I personifies the absolute best of our racing. There is no way I can ever say thank you enough for the help you provided with our gear. You have no idea how much this meant to Mahala as it allowed her to focus on my welfare. I hope to be able to get around and say thank you personally to each and every one of you soon. What Larry did was especially appreciated. A true good Samaritan.

We're back home and I'm pretty beat up and out of action for a couple of months and in rehab for a while after that. All in all, I'm lucky to be here.

Once again, thank you very, very much.

Rich and Mahala Ernst

Note from Dan: Larry Oram, mentioned above, hooked up Rich's trailer and delivered it to his home in CT. Larry was on his way back to his home in Utah and volunteered to help out as soon as he heard about Rich's injuries.

Thread Information