Liked: 17

Hi
    I'm restoring my -77 Tiga.
    Before, I had aluminium sides but now i have found some original sidepods. Should they be screwed to the Bottom of the car? On the upper chassis rails there are evidence of some rivnuts on the underside, so I suppose that the sidepods should be screved in to these.

How shoud the top section be attached?
    There is some evidence of some tongues that suggests that it should be sandwiched between the top chassis rail and the sidepods. This would make the top section impossible to remove without dissasembeling the whole car. Until now it have been secured with 3 eccentric latches on each side but this will not look good with the sidepods.
    Any ideas?

Henrik
    "Trying is the first step towards faliure"
    Homer Simpson

www.hhtech.se

Liked: 0

The upper body parts should be sitting outside the frame rails, so that the flat surface comes to the bottom of the frame rails. So the sidepod tongues should go under the frame rails. On my '79 Tiga, the front body section has 2 pins that go into openings in the lower body sidepods. It is held down in the front by the nose piece and in the back by a Dzu fitting just inside the rearmost upper part of the front body section that mates to a tab welded to the rear roll bar. This tab is spaced so the engine cover can slip between the front body section such that the single Dzuz screw locks down both front and rear body parts. The engine conver has single pins going into the lower side pod and 2 Dzus fittings at the rear which attach to a rear body mount that comes off the gearbox. Some people do it off the upper rear crossmember but I like the mount to be further back on the tail.

Liked: 17

Hello

Thanks I found an old photo where you can see the fixing to the rollbar.

How do you fix the sidepods to the floor? I was considering rivnuts to the bottom frame rails. But screws with big washers will get ripped off easily, how do you protect the underside of the sidepods?

Henrik
    "Trying is the first step towards faliure"
    Homer Simpson

www.hhtech.se

Henrik, I'm about to take the body work off my 77 Tiga and will take some pics if you like. Just give me your email at sjohnston46@cableone.net I had yours some time ago but seem to have lost it. Mine uses rivnuts underneath.

Henrik, I'm about to take the body work off my 77 Tiga and will take some pics if you like. Just give me your email at sjohnston46@cableone.net I had yours some time ago but seem to have lost it. Mine uses rivnuts underneath.

[size="1"][ February 23, 2004, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Sherm Johnston ][/size]

Thread Information