Liked: 10

Stan,

I used these guys in 1992.

http://www.surtronics.com/

They are in Raleigh. Holler if I can help.

Dick

Liked: 1

My Caldwell has nickel plating on the suspension links and they are in need of replating. Does anyone know of a good source for this in the Mid-Atlantic states.

Liked: 0

I too, will be looking for a metal finisher later this spring when I prep the suspension bits for the Lotus 61. My concern relates to the metalurgical changes to the components when they are exposed to the plating process. Some folks have suggested the "electroless" nickel approach. I would like to preserve the bright plated look and am curious what experience others have had and what vendors they used. I will have the usual 4 "A" arms, a couple of sway bars, an assortment of track arms and the like. While a vendor in the southeast would be desirable, shipping shouldn't be a major issue. Any thoughts??

Liked: 3

Deep in there some place I offered to drop off, pick up and repack parts for folks at a very modest price if you need a shop to do Bright Nickel. I have a very good source here in PHX.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

I've used a couple of platers in the past, and I haven't been too impressed. I just got some (Harley) parts back, and can now recommend:

www.chromemasters.com

Their prices were good, they actually turned the parts around FASTER than they said, and the quality was excellent! They specialize in Harley parts, and most Harley-owners are very picky, so you'll be dealing with a company that has experience and a good reputation.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

If you're willing to ship talk to Craig Bierman at Chrome Plating in Houston.
    He's been in business for many years and has done work for me. Am satisfied.
    713-921-0235. Ask him for references and you'd be surprised.
    Harry

Thread Information