Liked: 0

Are the Atlantics on for 2004? Is there a set schedule? What will the format be and who will they be running with? Will they be on tv? Finally,why run an 008 as opposed to an 014? Is C-2 similar to the ACC concept? Thanks for the info in advance.

Liked: 553

I think most of your answers can be found at http://www.toyotaatlantic.com/

I think the 008 allowance is to encourage fuller fields.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Despite all the doomsayers... Things are pretty much unchanged from 2003... There may be a few less 014's, but that is likely a good thing as there is a rationalization that it hasn't made sense concerning the escalation of costs in recent years... And how that has finally started to put some teams out of business...

The schedule is pretty much the same as 2003... The big benefit of the series is that since you race only at big events (where there is a real crowd) then it's sellable to real sponsors...

I haven't heard anything about the tv deal, but since toyota pays for the production and tv time, then that will surely be fine... the only thing about tv though is that it has no commercial value for the teams to sell sponsors anyway, because the reach is small, and there isn't much clear on air time of sponsor logos on the racecars (same thing that killed CART teams)...

we will run out two 014's and one 008 this year... the cost saving of running a 008 vs. an 014 is minimal... for sure a club racer who already owns a 008 and all the spares is better off to just run his own stuff vs. buying an 014... but someone new coming in might as well just buy an 014... the costs of operating the cars are pretty much the same (engines / gearbox / brakes) and the cost of operating a team (crew / transportation) is also pretty much the same...

the competition in C1 (014's) will be tougher than C2 for sure, as there still are some high budget teams... but it's way better than in past years, since now these new rules limit some big areas where people where able to spend in 2003 for major time gains...

Eric Jensen
    <a href="http://www.jensenmotorsport.com" target="_blank">www.jensenmotorsport.com</a>

Thanks for the information, it is helpful. I had looked at the website but had no idea if it was current or wishful thinking. We certainly hope things sort out and everyone has a good season in the series.

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

When I ran the C2 class in 94,95,96 it worked out pretty well. We had our own purse for C2 and if you finished in the top 15 you also got C1 money. In 96 I finished 7th overall at Trois Riviers and won C2. I actually made money that weekend and decided it was time to get out! I have to say, if you have never done a pro Atlantic race and have the chance to. Do it!. My first was Montreal in 94 and it's a memory I will never forget.

Mike Agnifilo
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Thread Information