Liked: 0

Is there any new info on allowing club fords in Monoposto

Liked: 2

Man I sure hope so....I have an RF78 that I would like to be able to bring along.

Won't ever happen. The Monoposto Group cutoff is based on a perceived change in technology of the chassis. Besides, if you owned a '72 Titan worth say $30K, would you want to let $8K cars run in your group? How much would a Titan be worth then.....$5K??
    Like a roll of toilet paper,
    life goes faster as you near the end.

I have a Vintage FF and run it with the RCCA and most recently Formula Pro/EMRA. I could care less who I run with as long as they are safe.

The value of the Vintage cars won't change that much because it is the design and look of the body that many people desire. Prices are in the tank now anyway. Vintage cars are going from 10 to maybe 18K. This is pretty much the same as a decent CF.

And for performance, there is such a spread amoung drivers that it won't be a big deal, except for the best drivers in the best cars. Many vintage cars can run the same times as CF cars when the driver is skilled.

Big grids of quality cars are what CF/FF needs to grow. How ever that happens it is up to the owners/drivers.

There are too many splintered clubs that spreads participation too thin. There need to be some events that brings everyone together. FF/CF festival. Perhaps the Classic Formula Car Club will be able to pull it off.
    Classic Formula Car Racing Link
    Merlyn Driver - MK17 FF

I think the proposal is to allow Club Fords to run in Formula 70 on slicks, not to allow Club Fords to run with Formula Classic, which has the 1972 cutoff.
    Craig Jones

Hi Guys,
    Great to see some guys with some sense like Tebo,craig jones,Jag,as far as Bentg Valv and the like are concerned,it is obviouse that they are trying to make their cars old age pensions.Having watched the American Vintage scene for the past 3yrs it is not a true F/F class anyway,certainly not F.I.A rules,for example I watched a vintage Ford pass a Lola T142 F/5000 on the front straight at Gratten,both cars on full power,so that will tell you something.I think I can talk with some experience,having owned 25 F/Fs,(F.I.A.legal),two F/Atlantics,And a Mclaren M10b F/5000.
    Like Tebo and the other owners who have cars that have nowhere to race,power to their cause.

Good-luck guys Happy Motor-sport

Twincam Keith laney

For those who are interested in Club Ford's addition to Vintage Racing I have started a new discussion in the Club Ford section.

Kyle

Since the discussion is proceeding it's probably a good time to get the facts on the table about Monoposto eligibility for Club Fords.

We (meaning Monoposto Racing via some of our Board members)have been approached by Club Ford racers to consider revising our eligibilty rules to include Club Fords. We have discussed this amongst our members,with race organizers, within our Board of Directors and also formed a working group to investigate the possibility.

Specifically, we have solicited input from our members concering their views on this subject. We recieved a good deal of input and I have to tell you it runs both strongly for including Club Fords and strongly against their inclusion.

At our annual meeting of the Monoposto Board of Directors in October, we debated this issue at length. The outcome is that the BoD decided to put this issue to a vote of the membership.

We are preparing a ballot that will go to our members in late November asking for their yes or no vote on Club Ford eligibility. What we are working on is how we outline who/what is eligible, and other criteria by which we potentially could include Club Fords. Specifically, we have not set a rules package or made any fianl determination on cutoff dates, makes/models.... The plan would be to finalize these details in a rules package if the outcome is to include Club Fords.

Once we have the votes in from the members, the BoD will revisit the issue. If the answer is YES, then we will develop a rules package and let the vintage racing community know where we are headed. If the answer is NO, we continue with our current eligibility rules on Formula Fords.

I hope this helps everyone understand where we are in the process. We are still several weeks away from a determination and I would not think it prudent to predict an outcome at this point.

Dan Schmutte
    Vice President
    Monoposto Racing

Twincam, I used to have the same thoughts about Vintage Racing. VARA had a simular situation with high horsepower FF's because the only engine rules they had were for production cars. When things were getting really outragous the VARA drivers got together and used the FF engine rules and strict enforcment to clean up the class. Today when I am at a VARA race I watch some of the best FF racing out there, and I am sure the engines are correct.
    RJC San Diego,Ca

Hi Roland,
    At the moment Im home in N.Z. for the SOUTHERN FESTIVAL OF SPEED series,but wil be back in the states again in April,it would be great to talk with you on the phone.I know where you are coming from,Iv always done my own engines,and been a machanic for 45years,Ihave a prep-shop near Gingerman Raceway in MI.When I opened up my first American engine I could not believe my eyes with what I found,but when in Rome do as the Romans do lol.I agree with what you say and hope that comon-sense prevails,all the best, will talk later.
    twincam Keith

Here is a link to a Monoposto membership application. Maybe there is still time for Club Ford owners to join and be part of the vote. I'm quite sure you don't have to own a car that is currently eligible to be a member of the club.

http://www.monoposto.com/join.html
    Craig Jones

Here's an update on where we stand in Monoposto Racing. The members were emailed/mailed the ballot today which provides them the opportunity to vote yes or no on the inclusion of Club Ford's. The ballots have a due date of 12/31/03 so this thing should be wrapped up one way or the other in early January.

Thanks to many of you have have shared your views with me on this subject. If we go ahead, you've provided some good input on how the rules should be set up.

Dan Schmutte
    Vice President
    Monoposto Racing

Dan...I never have understood why Monoposto put the cut-off date on the Lola to exclude the 340 series. You accept the 200 and 202 but not the 340. The only big difference I know of is the inboard rear brakes. Most of the 340's
    have been stiffened...so the flexible flyer argument is moot. I race my 340 chassis #10 in Vintage SCCA, and this year I even ran a few National SCCA races with it. I even qualified for the Runoff's...all this on treaded Dunlop vintage LEGAL tires. Go figure...

Thread Information