Liked: 0

Monoposto Racing has activated their new website at www.monoposto.com. The site provides an electronic copy of the Monoposto rules, race schedule, championship standings and points, and some nice photos along with some general information about open wheel vintage racing.

Dan

Liked: 162

Dan: Thanks for the link; the site looks great, really well done. It's on my favorite list now.

Every few years or so I ask someone this question, so now it's your turn: why do the MR FF rules list the maximum piston bowl diameter for an Uprated motor as 2.28"?? I don't know of any uprated piston that has that bowl diameter; there may be some somewhere, but the really common Hepolites (18649 and 20552) have 2.44" diameter bowls. The Cortina pistons are 2.28". I think the error stems from the old SCCA GCR's which, for some period, listed 2.28" for the Original but had no spec for the Uprated.

I know, I'm anal about this crap, but it's been bothering me for years.

Signed,
    Losing Sleep in Colorado
    There is a glitch in the continuum...

Liked: 0

Bob:

The Corrections and Additions page addresses the piston bowl issue. This page shows the uprated bowl at 2.44" and I would imagine, take effect immediately.

John

Thread Information