Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

Anyone got a good source for these? I have a couple odd ones as motor mounts (1 3/16" OD, 7/16" ID, 1.0" W). Bean doesn't seem to carry the size in their catalog.

tim

Liked: 0

Try calling them and talk with Ken. They have a lot of stuff not listed in their catalog.
    Harry

Contributing Member Bill Kincaid's Avatar
    Liked: 1

You might consider replacing them with solid metal bushings. Having seen those rubber bushings on Crossles, I'm not sure why you'd want or need that compliance.

Contributing Member

Well, it might be a bit of a teeth-rattler if it was solid mounted. But we'll consider that option.

BTW Bean did not have the right size but had one that could be sleeved. I guess the Metalastic folks keep dropping sizes from production.

tim

Liked: 8

You might try a motorcylce shop,we found some that fit my Royale that were from a Harley

Another thought may be too get some from Bean and use plastic ID caps to take up the space. Aircraft Spruce may have them.
    H

or flanged bushing pg 85 & 136 aircraft spruce.
    H

Liked: 1

I've been searching for the same thing for my Lola T492. The car uses them for the engine mouting bolts through the frame and the Hewland through the frame. Called Bean and spent about an hour on the phone with them as they searched through the bins. No luck. Did find a custom polyurethane bushing maker who was willing to make them for $36.00 a pair. But Poly is very hard and I may need a little play to line up the motor mounts. Let me know if you want the link.

Liked: 25

My Van Diemen RF81 used one (not sure of the dimensions, but sounds about the same - a big bolt 7/16?) at the front mount for the front engine mount spider. I think I got a replacement from the sadly departed KRC, but I imagine Universal Racing Services in England has them. If you are anywhere near a real Mini, you might look at the engine steady rod. It might have had one, as I recall. MiniMania's online catalog shows some poly bushings for it, but without dimensions.
    - Frank C

Edit: I have looked at a Mini, and the steady rod does not use a metalastic bushing.

[size="1"][ May 28, 2003, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Frank C ][/size]

I have found that Jaguar steering rack bushings (stock ones) will fit a number of applications on FF engine mounts. It is fairly easy to make the hole bigger in the center. No one uses the stock ones for the Jaguars, but they are still available. As for mounting them solid just remember that which does not gives,breaks.
    Chet Carter #29 sf SF region.

After learning from experience... do not mount the engine/trans solid in our older cars. It cost me about 3 trans last season. Didnt seem to matter if one or all of them were solid, kept cracking the trans case.

FWIW, during a conversation with Craig Taylor (you might also try them for your bushings) he told me exactly what would happen as a result of solid mounts on our non-engine/tans stressed chassis. And damn if he wasnt right on the money, at least based on experiences.

John

Contributing Member

Thanks to all for some great ideas!

tim

Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

I just picked up a set of engine and gearbox bushings from Lee Chapman Racing.

Hi guys sorry to be late catching up on this but 1 3/16 od bush with a 7/16 hole comes of the front track control rod on a UK Hillman Avenger I think as we use a lot of them in NZ.

Andrew

Thread Information